*Warning, fashion doll nudity for illustration purposes in this post 🙂
I have been trying to get back to my knitting over the past couple of weeks and today I’d like to share photos of a few things I’ve made recently.
The dresses are all made from patterns from the Stickatill Barbie website. I have made some changes though, knitting them in different yarns and different lengths so that you can see how one pattern can produce different results.
My models today represent different Barbie body shapes too. All the clothes can be slipped on and off the dolls quite easily and all should fit every size doll. I used 2mm knitting needles for all outfits.
- Nicole & Tris – Model Muse
- Robyn – Fashion Fever
- Midge – Articulated Twist and Turn
Our first model is Marissa. Her dress was knitted in bri-nylon baby wool. As you can see the dress comes out a bit chunky looking. I personally don’t care for this and nor does Marissa but she was a good sport and agreed to be the one to wear it. The dress is knitted all in one piece and the pattern is basically 6 rows of rib followed by 1 plain and 1 purl row.
Next is Nicole. Nicole is wearing a different version of the same dress. This one is knitted in red cotton 4 ply yarn. It is a slightly slimmer fit than the bri-nylon. There is another difference between this dress and the other two as well. On this one the rows between the rib are wrong side out. This was actually a mistake. I sewed the dress the wrong way round. Or maybe I got this one right and the other two wrong as the illustration on the pattern is not very clear. However, I prefer to think of it as another variation you can try.
Here is Tris wearing the dress in a cotton yarn. This is much thinner and the dress fits a bit more snugly I think.
Here are all three models together.
Robyn is next and I think I may have shown you this outfit when I fixed her up a few weeks ago. The white dress was from an oddment of white baby wool I happened to have. The jacket, which is all in garter stitch is the same yarn as Nicole’s dress. The dress was time consuming to make but it looks good I think. It would probably make a cute tennis outfit.
Last of all we have Midge. Her dress is a blue cotton Perle version of the dress she wore in Midge Gets A Makeover. This time I made it to the length specified in the pattern. It is very snug on Midge who is full-figured but I was still able to slide it off her without unlacing it. The lacing is some rather nasty acrylic white metallic yarn that I bought for dresses but don’t like the feel of very much.
That concludes the show for today. I need to knit some more outfits. I hope you have enjoyed seeing them as much as I enjoyed showing them to you.
Such elegant creations! 🙂
Oh thank you (blushing).
LikeLiked by 1 person
Beautiful work all around! You are very talented.
Aw shucks, thanks 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person