There are some great tips in these articles about miniature photography from Tourmaline. I love the idea of photographing small things to look bigger although my knees don’t love it so much when I try to get down low. I often sit on a chair to put myself nearer to table height when I’m photographing my fashion dolls.
Some frequently asked questions and answers!
Let me know what I missed in a comment below whether on the question or answer side!
Click on a question in the list below to be taken directly to that spot on the page.
- How do I take realistic images of toys?
- How do I create practical effects in toy photography?
- Can I use trademarked toys in my photos?
- Who are the most famous toy photographers?
- Why toy photography?
- What lens should I use for toy photography?
- What lighting should I use for toy photography?
- Where do I get action figures for toy photography?
- Where do I get accessories, sets and clothing for those figures?
- What’s a typical toy photography set up?
- What do I need for travel toy photography?
- What are the best toy photography hashtags on instagram?
- How do I make emotive toy photos?
- How can I make money from toy…
View original post 1,365 more words
There are some great tips here. My photos are just amateur with a point and shoot camera, mostly taken in our garden or indoors but I have built up a collection of props and I do now take dolls on location. The weather is going to be good this weekend so I’m going to be doing a Beauty Contest in the back garden. The dolls are ready in their swimwear and I’ve made sashes for them. My wonderful parents have just bought me Barbie in her wheelchair which I’m looking forward to using on shoots too, starting with a prom where she will hit the dance floor in her chair and get her man!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Point and shoot cameras can still do a great job. You can have the best equipment in the world and still not get great shots if you don’t take the trouble to think about the composition of the picture. I hope you have a nice day for the Beauty Contest . May the best doll win!
It will be hard to pick a winner, there’s around a dozen taking part as that’s all the swimsuits I have and then trying to find who would fit into them. The curvy girls did not fit into any of them (I was trying to make the point that we’re all beautiful regardless of our size and shape)
LikeLiked by 1 person
Maybe you could make them some from balloons as a quick no sew way to do it.
There’s a thought, mind you I’m quite quick at sewing as well. I’ll check out the animal print bikinis I made recently for a Jungle fashion shoot. maybe one of them will fit.