I’ve been saving my recent Fashion Avenue purchases until I had enough for a proper post. I’ve bought three in the past few months. For those of you who like to know what’s what they are:
- Sweet/Charm Styles 24288 – Evening Star 1999– This was an outfit that Naomi and I looked all over Adelaide for and could not find. It turned up on eBay recently and I jumped at the chance to buy it.
- Boutique Collection 18128 -1997 – I bought this recently because I do like nice daywear. My girls don’t spend all their time going to parties and balls.
- International Collection Fall 1996 – Naomi got me this one NRFB as part of my birthday present. Of course, I de-boxed it!
Now let’s see what Vivienne and the girls are up to.
It was a Sunday afternoon and Vivienne had asked Midge if she was free to take some photos. “Bring Jan along.” she suggested. “I have something she’d like to see.”
Jan always loves seeing Vivienne’s fashion collection but she had made plans to meet her old school mate Myrtle in the morning. “Of course you may bring her along,” Vivienne said graciously when Jan asked.
When the three girls arrived they found that Vivienne and Becky also had a guest. “This is Victoria, she’s our aunt, rather a young aunt. ” she added smiling.
- Myrtle Sloane – Stepping Out Barbie
- Becky Cruikshank -Black Basics Barbie
- Victoria Cruikshank – Happy Birthday Barbie 1998
“There are just three outfits today” Vivienne explained to Midge. After that, I’ll show you all what I bought recently. ” Jan was dying to know what it was but Vivienne enjoys keeping her in suspense. She surprised Vivienne by turning down the chance to model an outfit though. “Let Myrtle do it,” she suggested, wanting her to feel included.
Becky, who had been getting changed while Vivienne chatted to her guests, was ready first. “This dress is called “Evening Star,” said Vivienne. Becky remarked that she thought it was a very nice after five dress and that she liked the matching clutch purse. The shoes, of course, did not fit her.
Victoria’s outfit was a black and white pinstripe dress over a pale pink chiffon blouse. Victoria is a TNT so everything fit her very well including the matching stockings and shoes. “I would wear this to work,” said Victoria but I would have liked the skirt to have been a bit longer.
The last outfit was the one Vivienne had put aside for Jan but was being worn by Myrtle. It was the most elaborate outfit of the three with lots of accessories, a lacy scarf, gloves and a beret as well as matching stockings. Myrtle took it all in her stride, however. “I often have to go to dressy functions with my mother,” she explained to the others.
“I am going to get changed. ” Vivienne told Midge. “Will you take their group shot without me, please? If I keep Jan in suspense much longer I am afraid she will burst.
Like Jan, you will have to wait for the next post to see what Vivienne bought. In the meantime here are a few out-takes from today’s shoot.