After a very long break I’ve started knitting for the dolls and teddies again. Now that many of the vinyl and hard plastic dolls are unpacked I want to start making outfits for those that don’t have anything to wear. At the moment I still have no room to set up my sewing machine but I can knit so I have brought all my wool upstairs where it is currently taking up space in my wardrobe. Naomi has quite a few teddies who are in need of jumpers too so I’ll probably alternate between doll and teddy outfits for a bit of variety.
Some of the bears are large enough that I can use patterns for children’s jumpers for them. The dolls are varying sizes but most of those needing clothes are about 14-16 inches. I actually sat down and made a spreadsheet the other night. I need to make tops for two Ratti girls and an unmarked doll who is probably an Australian Pedigree. There is also an Evergreen, a Lorrie doll and some smaller dolls, a ten inch Uneeda, Naomi’s two Rosebud babies, they do have clothes but she doesn’t like them, a tiny Estrela and a couple of unmarked made in Hong Kong babies. Oh, and two modern vinyl Berjusa babies I bought from the Op Shop. I don’t know if I will keep those two but if I let them go I still want them dressed. Anyway that should give me quite a bit of variety I think.
I’ll post the results here so you can see what I’ve been doing. As you may recall, the last knitting project I did was the dress for my little Pedigree baby.