I decided to let my frankendollies sit for a bit before making any decision about their future. In the meantime I took some outfits from my vintage Skipper box of clothing for them to try on and added a few random pieces that are a bit snug on Barbie.
I changed Skipper/Stacey’s hairstyle. I thought a ponytail might make her head look a bit more in proportion to her body and I cut out the pink strands. I fixed her wobbly head by putting several small rubber bands around her neck knob. To do this properly I really should have taken her head off again. I could have pulled the pink roots out of her hair too. Perhaps I’ll do that one day but I didn’t want the drama today. Here she is, perhaps I’ll call her Skippy for today.
Teen Stacey as I think of her now fits vintage Skipper clothing too. I think she looks nice in this pastel dress. Her other outfit is a generic “leather” skirt and jacket and a knitted top (by me).
It was an interesting experiment. If I can get hold of some more cheap Skippers and Staceys I would enjoy fixing them up too. I think that the Harry Potter bodies might work with them too but those are too expensive to frankendolly unless I’m lucky enough to pick up a cheap one. I think the skin tone might be wrong for the tanned Skipper and Stacey though.