As I mentioned recently, I really miss fixing up dolls from the Op Shop and posting about them so this year I’ll be looking out for cheap dolls to buy and fix up. I may sell off the ones I don’t want to keep to recoup the money I’ve spent buying them.
On Sunday we decided to visit markets at Wynyard and Penguin and I got quite lucky.
I bought three dolls at Wynyard. Two were not cheap rescue dolls, they were vintage and I will tell you about them in another post. The other one was a Wee Three Friends doll who just needs a bit of a clean and tidy up. She cost me $2.
One of the stallholders at Penguin Market sells dolls and we found a pile of fashion dolls for $4-5 dollars each. That’s about as high as I’d go for fixer uppers but some of these were interesting. I deliberately bought some dolls that I have no interest in collecting just because I thought they would be fun to fix up. As Naomi says, I need to wear a different hat for this project. I picked up dolls that would total $25 but the seller let me have them for $20 so that was good.
Here are the girls
I recognise a few of these from Op Shop fixer-uppers.
- Jo Jo Siwa, she works too;
- Monster High Draculaura
- Wee Three Friends Lila 2004 – I know her from looking up Naomi’s Tap Dancing Stacie
- Belly Button body Barbie – I haven’t worked out who she is yet
- Pink Sparkle Fairytopia Barbie 2003
- Hasbro Disney Descendents Jane Aurodon 2014 (I had to look her up but I think I got it right)
- Fashionista non articulated body Barbie – still searching for this one.
Most of the girls are only grubby and/or have crazy hair. Fairytopia has lost her wings and some of them need a new outfit. Jo Jo has some marks that may need Oxy10. Nothing I can’t handle. They will soon be off to doll spa and I’ll post some before and after pictures when they are done.