Since I started to volunteer at our local Op Shop I have become known as “The Doll Lady” to the other volunteers. It started when we were about to throw away a baby doll whose face had been painted over.
“Don’t chuck him out.” I said “I might be able to get those marks off.” I took him home and cleaned him up and before long the other volunteers started putting dolls aside for me to tidy up.
I wash them, tidy their hair and either find or make clothing for them. We usually put them out whenever we open on a Saturday and they are usually snapped up really fast.
Here is a list of some of my rescue doll stories.
- Op Shop Dolls: Escape from Sid’s Place Part Two
- Op Shop Dolls: Barbie and Ken
- Op Shop Dolls: Woody and Friends
- Op Shop Dolls: Hasbro Action Man
- Op Shop Dolls: Spa Week at Monster High
- Fashion Doll Friday – Mattel Monster High Draculaura 2010
- Op Shop Dolls: Escape from Sid’s Place
- Op Shop Babies
- Dolls in Distress: Saving Ashley Olsen
- Fashion Doll Friday: Mattel Ashley Olsen c2000-2005